Saturday 7 August 2010

Reply from Alec Shelbrooke MP

It's pleasing to be able to report that Alec Shelbrooke MP responded to our communication the same day it was sent, a far cry from from the approach of the local councillors!

The main body of Alec's reply reads:

"Please forgive me for not getting back to you since the election, I have been a bit overwhelmed and I have got behind on a few things. My efforts to try and get this solved from a Council point of view were not successful at the time, however, I do intend to now lobby Cllr Keith Wakefield, to try and get the HGV ban in place that we spoke about. I will also meet with the Transport minister and try and do some "behind the scenes work".

I'm still with you on this, but I wont really be able to get in with anybody until we get back into the full swing of things in October. I will try and meet Keith Wakefield before then.
"


Thank you Alec.